The Defensive Player of the Week brought to you by Frank Walker Law. Ryan Shazier had 15 tacklers, one sack, one forced fumble, one recovered fumble, three tackles for loss. Shazier talks about the win and his performance.
Pittsburgh 43, San Francisco 18
Sept. 20, 2015
• The largest regular-season home attendance mark in team history was set today with 66,472 at Heinz Field.
• The Steelers are now 10-11 against the 49ers in the regular season, including 5-6 at home.
• Pittsburgh is now 2-0 against San Francisco at Heinz Field.
• The Steelers are now 4-3 in the month of September and 4-1 at home in September vs. the 49ers.
• Pittsburgh is now 13-2 in its regular-season home openers since Heinz Field opened in 2001.
• Pittsburgh has won each of its previous three regular-season home games, dating back to Dec. 21, 2014.
• The Steelers are 23-5-1 against the NFC at Heinz Field (since the stadium opened in 2001).
• The Steelers are 424-272-2 during the regular season since 1970.
• Finished 6-of-10 on third-down conversions and a perfect 5-for-5 in the red zone.
Head Coach Mike Tomlin
• Is now 83-47 during the regular season, including 48-17 at home.
• Improved 8-1 in regular-season home openers since becoming the team’s head coach in 2007.
• Improved to 2-1 against San Francisco and 2-0 at home vs. the 49ers.
• Is now 22-11 against the NFC all-time during the regular season and 13-4 at home against the conference.
• Is now 63-10 when the Steelers hold a lead at halftime.
QB Ben Roethlisberger
• Finished 21-of-27 for a game-high 369 yards with three touchdowns and zero interceptions for a passer rating of 155.8.
• Improved to 107-53 as a starter during the regular season and to 61-20 at Heinz Field.
• Tied Terry Bradshaw for the most wins among Steelers quarterbacks in team history with 107.
• Is now 2-1 against San Francisco in the regular season, 2-0 at home.
• Improved to 29-12 as a starter against NFC opponents, including 17-4 at home.
• Threw his 5,000th career pass attempt with his eighth today.
• Threw for 252 passing yards in the first half – the 23rd time in his NFL career surpassing 200 passing yards in the first half of a game.
• Totaled 369 passing yards, his 39th 300-yard passing game of his career during the regular season.
• Combined with 351 passing yards in Week 1, has opened the 2015 season with back-to-back 300-passing yard games for the first time in his NFL career.
• Has thrown 300-plus passing yards in three consecutive regular season games, dating back to Dec. 28, 2014 – the fourth-such streak of his NFL career.
• Eclipsed 300 passing yards for the second consecutive game in his career against the 49ers.
• Has thrown for 300-plus passing yards in each of his last four games against an NFC team.