Pirates struggling to beat teams in the NL Central. The player most under the spotlight at Steelers Training Camp?
The Pittsburgh Steelers officially kick off the 2015 season when the team reports to training camp on Saturday, July 25, at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, Pa. This will mark the 50th year the Steelers will train at Saint Vincent College. The Steelers 2015 Training Camp is presented by Xfinity.
Following are a few notes and highlights about the Steelers 2015 Training Camp:
• Eighteen open practices to the public, including two evening sessions
• Steelers Nation Unite Tent and an ELF Photo Booth
• An interactive “Play 60 Fun Zone” for children in grades 1-12
• Steelers Merchandise Tent featuring exclusive Training Camp and team gear
• A display recognizing several record-setting individual performances from 2014
• The first practice open to the public is scheduled for Sunday, July 26 at 2:55 p.m.
• The first practice in pads is slated for Wednesday, July 29 at 2:55 p.m.
• Annual night practice at Latrobe’s Memorial Stadium set for July, 31 at 7 p.m.
• The team’s 2015 training camp will break on Saturday, August 22
For the second year in a row, the Steelers will incorporate a “Play 60 Fun Zone” for children in grades 1-12 to participate in at the team’s 2015 training camp. The “Play 60 Fun Zone” will include fun and exciting football-themed activities for 60 minutes each day the Steelers hold practice (3:30-4:30 p.m. and 6:00-7:00 p.m. on August 12). Children will be able to register for the “Play 60 Fun Zone” once campus opens and is limited to the first 200 registrants.
The Steelers will host a youth football team each day at practice, presented by Dick’s Sporting Goods. The teams will take part in a 30-minute on-field training session with a coach and form a tunnel for Steelers players as the team approaches the practice field.
For all practices at Saint Vincent College, fans can enjoy numerous activities on campus, including:
• Steelers Merchandise Tent (12-6 p.m.)
• Steelers Social Media Tent (12-6 p.m.)
• FedEx Traveling Great Hall (12-6 p.m.)
• UPMC Steelers Experience, the team’s interactive theme park (12-6 p.m. and 2-8 p.m. on August 12)