Colonials Coach Derek Schooley joins Junker, Laird and Benz to talk about the weekend sweep. Upcoming games in Boston and the Rams moving to Los Angeles.
Robert Morris University men’s hockey goaltender Terry Shafer is the Travel Team USA Atlantic Hockey Association Goalie of the Week.
Shafer recorded 75 saves allowing just one goal in a weekend sweep of Bentley, extending his Robert Morris program record to seven career shutouts with a 33-save shutout performance on Saturday. Shafer picked up his 7th win of the season on Friday, making 42 saves in the Colonials 5-1 victory over Bentley. The senior from Penfield, New York posted his third shutout of the season, making 33 stops in Saturday’s 5-0 win. Shafer’s goals against average is now at 2.47 with a .931 save percentage on the season.
BY THE NUMBERS
1/8/16 vs. Bentley, 59:48, 42 saves, .977 sv%, 1 goal against, 1.00 GAA
1/9/16 vs. Bentley, 60:00, 33 saves, 1.000 sv%, 0 goals against, 0.00 GAA
This is the second Atlantic Hockey Goalie of the Week honor this season for Shafer.
Robert Morris Coach Andy Toole joins Ken Laird to talk about trying to improve in NEC play.
Robert Morris University men’s basketball team opens a two-game homestand at the Charles L. Sewall Center Thursday when it welcomes Mount St. Mary’s for a 7:00 p.m. Northeast Conference tilt.
– The Colonials split their annual swing through Brooklyn, N.Y., dropping a 56-49 decision to St. Francis Brooklyn (1/9/16) at the Pope P.E. Center in their last contest. Senior guard Rodney Pryor scored a game-high 14 points and also grabbed nine rebounds.
– RMU lost for just the third in 45 games under head coach Andrew Toole when allowing less than 60 points in a game with its setback @ St. Francis Brooklyn (1/9/16), falling to 42-3 (.933).
– Sophomore forward Elijah Minnie contributed 11 points and a pair of blocks @ St. Francis Brooklyn (1/9/16) and over his last eight games is averaging 12.8 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.5 blocks per contest.
– Junior guard Kavon Stewart is averaging 14.0 points, 5.0 assists and 2.4 steals in five games at the Charles L. Sewall Center so far this season while shooting 47.7 percent (21-for-44) from the field, including 57.1 percent (4-for-7) from beyond the arc. In league play, Stewart has recorded 15 steals in four games, an average of 3.75 steals per game that is tops in the Northeast Conference.
– Junior forward Billy Giles, who leads the NEC in field goal percentage (.619), is averaging 10.4 points and 5.4 rebounds at home so far this season while converting 69.7 percent (23-for-33) of his attempts from the field.
– Robert Morris opened its previous road trip by picking up its first Northeast Conference win as well as its first road victory of the 2015-16 campaign thanks to a 70-60 win @ LIU Brooklyn (1/7/16). Senior guard Rodney Pryor led the Colonials with his fourth double-double of the year thanks to 21 points and 11 rebounds.
– Sophomore forward Elijah Minnie added 13 points and eight rebounds off the bench against the Blackbirds, while freshman guard Isaiah Still finished with 13 points and five caroms.
– Despite converting just 30.7 percent (118-for-384) of its attempts from beyond the arc through 17 games, RMU is shooting 48.6 percent (280-for-576) in two-point field goal attempts. Senior guard Rodney Pryor has converted 56.1 percent (88-for-157) of his attempts inside the three-point arc.
– Sophomore forward Elijah Minnie is shooting 50.6 percent (42-for-83) inside the arc, but 50.9 percent (86-of-169) of his shots have come from beyond the three-point line.