An injury time goal from Louisville City forward Kadeem Dacres prevented the Pittsburgh Riverhounds from picking up three points at Highmark Stadium on Sunday afternoon.


The Hounds looked set for a second win of the season after Fejiro Okiomah’s glancing header gave them a half-time lead. Ryan Thompson’s late penalty save from Matt Fondy looked to have quelled a late Louisville rally until Dacres finally beat the Jamaican goalkeeper from 25 yards.

“It feels like a loss,” said Riverhounds assistant coach Josh Rife. “We played well enough to get the win and two points have slipped away.”

Vini Dantas could have put the Hounds ahead on 12 minutes after Lebo Moloto released Kevin Kerr down the right side. The Brazilian forward headed the ball downward only to see it bounce up and over Scott Goodwin’s crossbar.

Okiomah’s first goal for the Hounds arrived on 38 minutes when Vincent whipped an inswinging free kick toward the near post. The Texan defender reached the ball ahead of his marker to glance a precise header inside Goodwin’s far corner.

Willie Hunt almost doubled the lead in first-half stoppage time when he drilled a shot against the post after another set-up by Vincent.

There were chances at both ends during a dramatic second period. Thompson made a big save to keep Dacres out early on before Kerr’s chip sailed narrowly over the Louisville crossbar.

Two contentious penalty calls went against the Hounds in the closing stages. Dantas looked set to double the lead on 74 minutes when substitute Tyler Pasher worked the ball in from the left side. The former Ottawa Fury striker appeared to be felled by Goodwin as he rounded the goalkeeper. Referee Tori Penso signaled for a goal kick.

Penso then whistled for a penalty at the other end on 86 minutes when Louisville midfielder Magnus Rasmussen hit the floor after minimal contact from Stephen Okai.

Thompson pushed Fondy’s initial shot back out in front of goal before making a magnificent follow-up save to stop the rebound.

Those heroics were ultimately in vain as Dacres collected a ball on the right side, cut toward the top of the box and curled a left foot shot inside Thompson’s near post.

The Hounds edge to five points with the result (1-1-2) while Louisville remains unbeaten on six points (1-0-3).

Toronto F.C. II visits Highmark Stadium next Saturday, April 25, for an Eastern Conference clash against. Kickoff is at 7 p.m.

Visit for ticket information or call the Highmark Stadium box office on (412) 325-7241 to speak to a ticket representative.

Posted in Riverhounds