RMU Coach Andy Toole previews the NEC Championship game with Junker and Laird on ESPN 2 tonight.
The Robert Morris University men’s basketball team concludes its quest for a league-high eighth Northeast Conference Tournament championship Tuesday in Brooklyn Heights, N.Y., with a 7:00 p.m. tip against No. 1 seed St. Francis Brooklyn at the Pope P.E. Center.
– RMU is making its sixth appearance in the championship game of the Northeast Conference Tournament in the last seven years after earning a 66-53 victory in the semifinals over No. 3 Bryant (3/7/15) at the Charles L. Sewall Center. Sophomore guardKavon Stewart led the Colonials in their win over the Bulldogs with career highs in points (19) and steals (7) while dishing out eight assists.
– Also reaching double figures in scoring in the win over the Bulldogs for Robert Morris was junior guard Rodney Pryor and senior forward Lucky Jones. Pryor contributed 12 points, while Jones finished with 11 points, two assists and three steals.
– RMU opened the 2015 NEC Tournament with a 91-68 win over No. 7 Wagner (3/4/15) in the quarterfinals at the Sewall Center. Senior forward Lucky Jones paced the Colonials in the victory by tying a career high with 27 points.
– Also reaching double figures in scoring in the victory over the Seahawks for the Colonials was freshman guard Marcquise Reed, junior guard Rodney Pryor and sophomore guard Kavon Stewart. Reed supplied 22 points, five assists and three steals, Pryor chipped in 15 points, a team-high eight rebounds and a career-high seven assists and Stewart finished with 10 points and five dimes.
– The win over Bryant helped Robert Morris stretch its winning streak to a season-high five games. During their winning streak, the Colonials are averaging 79.0 points per contest while shooting 47.5 percent (141-for-297) from the field, including 44.9 percent (48-for-107) from beyond the arc, and 75.6 percent (65-for-86) at the free-throw line.