The Ike Taylor Show is brought to you by Dunkin Donuts, the Preferred Coffee of the Ike Taylor Show. Ike talks about the Steelers win over the Chargers on Monday Night Football, the young defense coming to play.
• Pittsburgh improved to 3-2 overall and to 2-1 on the road in 2015.
• The Steelers are now 22-7 against the Chargers in regular season history, including 8-6 on the road.
• Pittsburgh improved to 2-1 against San Diego on Monday Night Football.
• The Steelers are now 9-1 against the Chargers in the month of October and 2-1 on the road in October at San Diego.
• Pittsburgh is now 43-24 all-time on Monday Night Football (18-19 on the road).
• The Steelers have won each of their three previous Monday Night Football games, dating back to Oct. 20, 2014.
• The Steelers are 426-273-2 during the regular season since 1970.
• Game kickoff temperature of 93 degrees marked the second-warmest game in Steelers history (94 degrees, at Phoenix, Oct. 9, 1988).
• Improved to 5-2 in games with a kickoff temperature of 90 degrees or higher.
Head Coach Mike Tomlin
• Is now 85-48 during the regular season, including 37-30 on the road.
• Improved to 3-1 all-time against San Diego in the regular season (1-0 on the road).
• Is now 10-2 on Monday Night Football with the Steelers, including a 5-2 mark on the road.
• Is now 23-9 in the month of October as the Steelers’ head coach and 10-6 on the road in October.
QB Mike Vick
• Made his 113th career start and second as a Steeler and completed 13-of-26 passing for 203 yards with a touchdown and an interception for a passer rating of 73.1.
• Improved to 60-52-1 as a starter during the regular season, to 2-1 vs. San Diego and to 6-4 on Monday Night Football.
• Connected with WR Markus Wheaton for a 72-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter – his longest completion of the season.